How To Browse the Internet on Your Kindle eReader
Have you ever wondered if you can do more with your Kindle e-reader besides just reading books? If so, you’ll be glad to know that you can browse the internet. While its browser doesn’t have as many features as the one on your computer or phone, it can certainly get the job done.
Here’s an overview and tips on how to access the Internet on your Kindle eReader.
Opening the Kindle Web Browser
Accessing your Kindle web browser is pretty straightforward. You just have to go to your Kindle home screen and select the web browser.
However, it’s helpful to note that Amazon lists its Kindle web browser as experimental. This means that aside from having limited features, the application is also prone to freezing and crashing. But if you can get past these bugs, you can certainly take advantage of its features.
Navigating the Kindle Web Browser
Once you’re inside the Kindle web browser, you’ll see an interface with the address bar where you can input a website URL.
If it’s your first-time accessing the web browser, though, you’ll first see a list of your default bookmarks. You can access these bookmarks later by navigating through your web browser menu.
There are a few things that you can do to navigate through web pages:
- You can zoom in or out of a webpage by using two of your fingers. You can drag your two fingers away from each other to zoom in, and you can pinch your two fingers together to zoom out.
- There’s also a back icon in the upper left corner of the Kindle web browser. Use this to go back to the previous page you were viewing.
- Like any other touch interface, you can drag your fingers to the left, right, up, or down to navigate through a web page.
- You can also view your previous web pages by tapping the menu icon and selecting History.
While the interface doesn’t offer much, it’s more than enough to help you browse through the Internet on a Kindle e-reader.
Accessing the Bookmarks
The Kindle web browser’s bookmark feature is helpful if you use a website often. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- If you wish to access your saved bookmarks, tap the browser menu and select “Bookmarks.”
- To add a bookmark, just tap the browser menu and select “Bookmark This Page.”
- On the other hand, if you want to delete a bookmark, then just access your Bookmarks. Then tap “Remove” at the bottom part of the interface and tick the boxes of the bookmarks you want to delete. Afterward, click the “Remove” button once more.
- Finally, just find the “Edit” button at the bottom of your Bookmarks interface to edit a bookmark. After doing so, tap the bookmark that you wish to edit.