Top 20 Online Mattress Brands
Looking for the best online mattress brands? Thinking about ordering a mattress online? We’ve rounded up the best brands along with some key details about each.
There’s no better feeling than curling up in bed unless your mattress is woefully old. If you wake up with back pain, struggle to fall asleep, or simply can’t get comfortable, chances are that it’s time to look for a new mattress. Most new mattress may seem pricey at first, but they are well worth the investment in your health. (Jump to the end to read more on the recently discovered sleep-health connection.) If not for your health, once you wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated instead of sleepy and sore, you’ll love yourself for buying that new mattress.
Best Online Mattress Brands
Buying a mattress online may feel odd if you’ve only purchased beds after trying out dozens of mattresses at a department store. However, the best online mattress brands will let you try out their mattress for several days, or even weeks, and if you don’t like it, you can return it for a full refund. Better yet, you won’t have to worry about bringing a bulky mattress home because they’ll deliver it right to your door! (Note: Mattress returns can be challenging, so read the fine print to make sure they will pick up the return right from your house or apartment.)
Here are the top brands (in alphabetical order) to help you find that perfect mattress that best suits your preferences and budget.
This brand prides itself on being the best mattress for hot sleepers due to its cooling properties, odor-eliminating bamboo charcoal layer, and a highly durable base to provide ultimate support.
- The queen mattress starts at $576.
- Acesleep provides a 120-night trial, a 20-year limited warranty, and free shipping.
The Aslan gel memory foam mattress consists of active support foam to provide pressure relief and relieve back pain.
- Queen mattresses start at $699.
- Buyers receive free shipping, free returns, a 365-night trial, and an Infinite Warranty.
Bear designs its mattresses for the ultimate in support and comfort, especially for those with tired, achy muscles. This brand is loved by athletes and others who need to really recharge before a tough work day.
- Queen graphite memory foam mattresses start at $640
- Bear offers a 100-night trial period, free shipping and free returns (returned mattresses are donated to charity)
Casper has created a number of sustainably-sourced, specialized mattresses with foam bases, hybrid bases, and cooling layers for comfort.
- The Queen Element foam mattress starts at $536.
- Casper customers receive free shipping, a 100-night trial period, and a 10-year warranty.
Crave offers both innerspring and memory foam models, but all are eco-friendly and have been rigorously tested to ensure top quality.
- Medium firm foam mattresses start at $575.
- Crave offers free shipping, free returns, a risk-free 100-night trial, and a 10-year limited warranty.
This store offers a wide variety of mattress types, technologies, and firmness levels. You can take the Diamond Mattress quiz to see which handcrafted bed is the best fit for you!
- The queen-sized Grateful Mattress, made of gel memory foam, begins at $999.
- Customers receive a 120-night trial, free returns and exchanges, and a Forever Warranty.
DreamCloud mattresses have a cooling, cashmere layer on the top of the memory foam base, which is situated on top of heavy-duty innerspring coils.
- Queen mattresses start at $1,199.
- DreamCloud provides free shipping, free returns, a 365-night trial, and a Lifetime Warranty.
This European brand created a memory foam mattress that effortlessly supports your back and comes equipped with a cooling foam layer to make sure you won’t ever break a sweat during the night.
- The queen mattress costs $999.
- Emma provides a 100-night trial, free delivery and returns, and a 10-year warranty.
The double-sided, non-toxic, eco-friendly mattresses created at Green Thyme are carefully crafted with organic cotton, natural dunlop latex, and New Zealand wool.
- The 11” plush top queen mattress starts at $1,199.
- Green Thyme offers a 120-night trial period, a Lifetime Warranty, and free shipping and returns.
Keetsa offers three main types of mattresses, with variations in each category to cater to every individual: iCoil, memory foam, and hybrid.
- iCoil queen mattresses start at $790.
- Keetsa offers free shipping, a 12-year warranty, and a 90-day trial period.
This brand has been around since 1976, providing 100% natural latex mattresses and mattress toppers in a variety of sizes and firmness.
- The double-sided Natural queen mattress begins at $795.
- Customers receive free shipping and a 100-night trial, but must pay $99 if they wish to return the mattress.
This online shop is best known for its eco-friendly, non-toxic memory foam mattresses in Classic, Elite, and Luxury styles.
- Classic memory foam queen mattresses start at $549.
- Customers receive a 30-night trial, free shipping, a 20-year warranty, and a portion of each purchase goes towards charity.
Nectar prides itself on selling “the most comfortable mattress,” and over 1 million satisfied customers adore the double-layered gel memory foam bed.
- Queen mattresses start at $799.
- Nectar has free shipping, a 365-day trial period, and a forever mattress warranty.
This brand was voted as the best mattress for side sleepers in 2020 thanks to its pressure relieving properties, cooling technology, and excellent back support.
- Original Nolah mattresses start at $815.
- Nolah provides free shipping and returns, a 120-night trial, a 15-year warranty, and a portion of each purchase goes towards protecting wildlife.
Touted as “America’s Most Comfortable Mattress,” Puffy is designed to accommodate all types of sleepers and body types, and it can be placed on any surface or bed frame.
- The foam Puffy queen mattress begins at $850.
- Customers get free shipping and returns, 101 nights to try out the mattress, and lifetime coverage.
Rated as #1 in customer satisfaction for bed-in-a-box mattresses, Purple’s unique lineup includes the original Purple mattress, the Purple Hybrid, and the Purple Hybrid Premier. If you want to see a mind-blow mattress video, check out the Purple mattress video, which will help you visual the comfort of this mattress.
- The original Purple queen mattresses is $1,099.
- Customers get free shipping, free returns, a 100-night trial period, and a 10-year warranty.
Saatva combined the top 5 features of luxury mattress brands into one award-winning hybrid mattress that has been rated 9.7/10 according to over 40,000 reviewers.
- Classic innerspring queen mattresses start at $1,299.
- Saatva mattresses come with white-glove delivery, a 120-night trial, and a 15-year warranty.
This revolutionary plush top, layered mattress gives you the ability to customize your bed to your desired level of firmness or softness.
- Queen mattresses start at $1,248.
- Sleepiphany offers free shipping, a 120-night trial period, and a 10-year limited warranty.
Sunday offers three different models of mattresses to suit your ideal comfort preferences: Memory Plus, Ortho Plus, and Latex Plus.
- Queen Memory Plus mattresses start at $1,007.
- Sunday offers free shipping, free returns, a 100-night trial period, and a 10-year warranty.
The Tuft & Needle adaptive foam mattress is equipped with cooling graphite and gel beads to keep you cool and provide supportive pressure relief, allowing you to sink into a deep, relaxing sleep.
- T&N Original Queen mattresses start at $536.
- Customers can enjoy a 100-night trial, free returns, and a 10-year warranty.
Wayfair offers hundreds of mattress brands in a variety of sizes and materials to match any budget.
- The Alwyn Home Plush Innerspring queen mattress is the least expensive at $247.
- Wayfair offers free shipping on all orders over $49, but the warranties and return policies will differ by seller.
The Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam mattress has over 20,000 five-star reviews, and the beds are infused with green tea and charcoal to provide a light fragrance and a cooling effect as you sleep. As the author of this article, I can attest to this mattress. We own three of them, 2 for our young kids and one for the guest bedroom. Here’s my take on them. Great value, great for kids and guest bedroom, but as a person who runs hot, they sleep too “hot” for me. The cooling effect is not quite enough. I prefer a foam mattress infused with cooling gel. If you run cold, these are a great option.
- 12” thick queen mattresses start at $344.
- Specializes in memory foam and hybrid mattresses.
- Offers free shipping, a 100-night trial period, and a 10-year warranty. Check the return policy on their site.
Top Online Mattress Wholesalers
If you’re looking for the best mattress deals on the web, check out these top online bed wholesalers:
Here, you can shop by material, budget, size, or brand to find the perfect mattress to meet your needs.
Mattress Firm offers up to 50% off name brand mattresses including Serta, Stearns & Foster, Beautyrest, Purple, Sleepy’s, and more.
This site carries over 50 different mattress brands including Serta, Beautyrest, Sealy, Tempur-Pedic, Osleep, Tommy Bahama, Slumber Solutions, Lucid, and other types.
Get name brand mattresses, such as Sealy, Restonic, Diamond, Simmons, and Ameena, for up to 60% off and get free delivery on your order.
Sleep and Your Health
You may think $600-$1200 is a lot for mattress. But consider this, for most people the single most important thing you can do to improve your long term health is to get 8 hours of sleep per night.
A Hardvard sleep study looking at the sleep-health connection produced these two takeaways:
- Insufficient sleep increases your risk of developing serious medical conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
- Lack of adequate sleep over time is associated with a shortened lifespan.
If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of sleep’s effect on health, read: Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Professor Matthew Walker, director of UC Berkeley’s Sleep and Neuroimaging Lab. While setting aside enough time to sleep each night is not always easy. Buying a better bed will help improve your sleep quality for years to come. Think of it as an investment in your own well-being, and the brief financial setback will seem irrelevant once you start to enjoy a good night’s rest and great books in bed.