How to Chat with Amazon Customer Service
Amazon customer service reps can often help you resolve issues such as returning an order past its official return date, getting a refund on a Kindle book, or ending a subscribe-and-save item. However, Amazon recently changed where you go to contact a customer service rep by chat. In the past, you would go to www.amazon.com/contact-us/ and simply tap a “chat with us” button. But now it is considerably more difficult to chat with a human customer service rep on Amazon. Amazon seems to prefer that you self-service your issue with a chat bot, and they made the real chat function very difficult to find. Not to worry, we’ve figured out the most direct way to chat with a customer service rep at Amazon.
How to chat with a customer service rep at Amazon
To chat with a human customer service rep follow these steps:
1) Make sure you are logged into Amazon.com, if your issue involves a specific order it’s best to have that order number on hand. You can find your order number and all past orders here.
2) Go to Amazon Message Us
3) A chat window will open, type: “customer service” into the chat and send the message. (See screenshot below)
4) Select the button “I need more help” at the bottom of the chat window.
5) Next select the option “Chat with an associate now” (See screenshot below)
6) A human associate will join the chat and help you resolve your issue.